Sunday, April 12, 2009

Other's Position Paper presentation

We had just ended one of our class position paper presentations. Actually, from all the presentation, I only managed to store in 10% into my mind. I noticed that most of the time I am focusing on the style of presenting. And I do find some weak points from the presentation.
First of all, I think those who put in too many words in each slide are a bit overwhelming. I noticed that they ended up reading line by line from every slide. And I must say that it's a bit boring.
Next, I noticed that every presenter is just like talking to Mr. Omid in their presentation. There were no eye contacts with the whole class. Then, I begin wondering whether we are practicing skill of presenting or are we just reporting our assignment to Mr. Omid? No wonder I noticed that only half of the class is listening to the presentations. In my opinion, we should keep eye contact with everyone in the class. Maybe presenters can allow audience to ask question. I think this can make each and every presentation more interesting.
In short, I do find the presentation very beneficial to me. I get the chances to recall some of the literary text we had done before. And it is also quite education to listen to the way they analyse their works.

No comments:

Post a Comment